If you are an Arab woman then you know. You, my dear, are the cause of everything bad in the world. Everything is your fault. If anything goes wrong around you or within a short distance of where you happen to be standing, be sure it is because you did or did not do something or failed to foresee the unfortunate events that were about to happen.
How do I know this you ask? Because many Arab women have told me so. And will continue to tell me so, they will tell their daughters and friends and sisters and nieces and nephews.
If you are an Arab man, you can do no wrong. You were born perfect, will grow up perfect, and remain perfect till your last living breath. How do I know this? Many Arab women have told me so. They have told you so I am sure, since the day you were born. Let me elaborate by giving examples of real things that happen or were said over and over:
- “Women cannot drive! Women are not rational (the word that was used is عاقل, it can also be translated into sane or sound) and if they cause an accident then it is their male guardian who would get into trouble not her.” Yes, because the ‘women driving’ thing didn’t work out well in other places in the world. As my mother said (when we heard this on a television debate) “then let all the women in prison go! since they are not sane or sound then they should not be punished for any crimes! punish their male guardians”.
- By the same man as above: “Women get pains in their abdominal regions monthly. And this pain causes them not to focus and their eye sight to be bad and therefore causing accidents”.
- If a man divorces his wife: she must have let herself go. I am sure she didn’t keep things interesting. He got bored. She didn’t have children. She had too many children.
- If a man cheats on his wife: He must have found something in the other woman he couldn’t find in his wife. She must have not been giving him what he needs. She must have let herself go, (because we all know image is first and foremost for a successful marriage. Otherwise without her looks what does she have to add to the relationship?)
- If a man cheats on his wife: The other woman stole him! She seduced the poor man with all of her seductiveness and left him utterly defenseless. His wife is not seductive enough for him. (Note, no where in this scenario is the man at fault)
- If a woman doesn’t have children: Why don’t you get pregnant? You know he will go look for someone else if you don’t give him children soon (Side note, people, if a woman is not pregnant it is either because she cannot get pregnantt or she does not want to get pregnant. Asking her won’t make her suddenly remember she wants babies).
- If a woman gets harassed by a man: Well what was she wearing? She must have asked for it.
- If a woman gets hit by a man: She must have provoked him in some way. He wouldn’t just hit her for no reason.
And so on and so forth. Please feel free to add to the list. And I am interested to see your answers on the poll below.